Allergy Testing (Common Food Allergens) - Veg & Non-Veg
For queries on this test please call +91 9986576665
- Total IgE
- Toor Dal
- Moong Dal
- Chana Dal
- Rajma Dal
- Urad Dal
- Hazel Nut
- Black Pepper
Starch Food (7)
- Lady's Finger
- Bitter Gourd
- Rabbit Meat
- Fish (Cod)
Milk Products (5)
Test Type - Blood
Test Mode - At Home
Turn Around Time - 2-3 days
Fasting required - No
Food allergy symptoms
Common food allergy signs and symptoms include:
- Tingling or itching in the mouth
- Itching skin or eczema
- Swelling of the lips, face, tongue and throat or other parts of the body
- Wheezing, nasal congestion, trouble breathing or asthma like symptoms
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting
- Dizziness, lightheadedness
Food allergies testing process
Food allergies (veg or non veg) are diagnosed with the help of a blood test where a blood sample is sent to a laboratory for analysis. The laboratory checks the blood for IgE antibodies to specific foods and allergens like dust, pollen etc. If enough IgE antibodies to a particular food or allergen are in the blood, it's very likely that the person is allergic to it.
Unclear food allergy test reports meaning
If the food allergy test results of these comprehensive blood tests are unclear, an allergist might do a test called the food challenge. During this test, the person is given gradually increasing amounts of the potential food allergen to eat while the doctor watches for symptoms.
- How is food allergy testing done?
This test measures the level of total IgE antibodies in the blood. A trained professional will draw a blood sample from your arm which will be collected in a vial. The test usually takes five minutes.
- What is Immunoglobulin E blood test?
Immunoglobulin E is an antibody produced by the immune system to fight off infections. IgE test measures the amount of antibodies present in the blood. Increased levels of IgE indicates that a person may be having an allergy.
- IgE (Immunoglobulin E) is an antibody protein that causes allergic reactions.
- A Food allergy blood test measures the IgE levels to detect an allergy to a particular food.
- Food allergies and Intolerances are common causes of poor nutrition absorption, your best fitness or weight loss program will fail if underlying allergies or intolerances are not identified.
- It is necessary to identify substances causing allergy to minimize the chronic allergic reactions like indigestion, trouble breathing, throat tightness, skin
- People looking to improve nutrition absorption by eliminating food they are allergic to.
- It is advisable to avoid alcoholic beverages 24-48 hours before an allergy test.
Call us at +91 9986576665 for any queries or guidance regarding the test