Metabolism Test - At Home
For queries on this test please call +91 9986576665
- Gut Dysbiosis
- Detoxification health
- Energy Production Metabolism
- Vitamin Metabolism
- Carbohydrate Metabolism
- Fatty Acid Metabolism
- Protein Intake, Muscle Catabolism & Oxalate Metabolism
- Mineral Sufficiency
- Amino Acid Sufficiency
- Dysbiosis Markers
- Dysbiosis Risk
- Gut Permeability
- Intestinal Malabsorption
- Clostridia Bacterial Overgrowth
- Yeast and Fungal Infection
- Bacterial Overgrowth
- 2-Aminoadipic Acid
- Ammonia Detoxification
- Hepatic Detoxification
- Glutathione Status
- CoQ10 status
- Lipoic Acid
- Analog Cit
- Vitamin B12 Status
- Vitamin B9 (Folate) Status
- Vitamin B1 Status
- Vitamin B3 Status
- Vitamin B5 Status
- Vitamin B6 Status
- Vitamin E Status
- Vitamin K Status
- Biotin Status
- Beta-AminoIsoButyric Acid
- Beta-AminoIsoButyric Acid
- Xanthurenic Acid
- Carbohydrate Metabolism
- Chromium picolinate
- Glucose oxidation impairment
- Fatty Acid - Omega Oxidation
- Cartinine Status
- Mitochondrial Dysfunction
- Kidney Stone Risk
- Muscles Turnover
- Protein Intake Status
- 1- Methyl-histidine
- Magnesium Status
- Selenium Status
- Certinine Status
- N-Acetylcysteine Status
- Iron Status
- Zinc Status
- Ser 1
- Gly 1
- Phe 1
- Lys 1
Test Type - Blood & Urine Sample
Test Mode - At Home
Turn Around Time- 5-7 days
Fasting required - No
Human metabolism is a dynamic concept. Your lifestyle, eating habits, environment, exercises, stress-and all such factors have an impact on it. The Nutritional Metabolism Test gives you an insight into the current status of your metabolism, and what all needs to be done in order to improve it. If you undergo any major change in your nutrition and lifestyle, or if you are undergoing an intensive weight-loss program, it is best to take the test at regular intervals and keep a close watch on your essential metabolic markers in order to ensure that they remain in “normal limits”.
NUTRITION and METABOLISM
Your health is a reflection of all the nutrition you get. Conversely, it also is reflective of the nutrients (certain vitamins and minerals) which you may not be consuming, but need for better health and disease prevention. There are many variables which determine the efficiency behind your nutrition. It is important to understand whether your nutrition is adequate for the health that you aim to achieve, or whether there is any deficiency. It is also important to understand whether there is any “metabolic block” which calls for a change in nutrition, lifestyle and approach to building/ maintaining health.
Nutrition Metabolism Analysis includes the study of a wide range of metabolic indicators which reveal the root cause behind your weight and health problems. The various class of metabolic indicators are classified as:
Amino acids are the basic “building blocks” of the human body and play a key role in the growth and maintenance of bones and muscles. The analysis of amino acid levels reveals the cause behind fatigue, increased cardiovascular risk, mood swings and cognitive functions.
Fatty acids are essential and it is important to ensure that it is not too low or too high in supply to your body. Low levels of certain fats in nutrition can result in depression, hyperactivity, numbness and tingling in the hands and feet, as well as early senility.
Energy Production Metabolism
Energy production metabolism is the process which supplies the body with its primary energy needs, converting 90% of food energy into cellular energy. Imbalances of cellular energy metabolites are linked with chronic fatigue, accelerated cell breakdown, and accelerated ageing.
Proteins, Vitamin and Minerals
This panel in the nutritional metabolism test provides a functional assessment of protein, vitamins and minerals sufficiency. An analysis of metabolites which require vitamin and mineral cofactors for their metabolism can hint at deficiencies of vitamins B6, B12 and C, magnesium, copper, iron, and various amino acids.
Dysbiosis and Gastrointestinal Metabolism
The GI tract is a complex organ system easily influenced by factors such as microflora and microbial balance, digestive enzymes, or GI lining integrity. Over a period of time, toxins and food allergens entering the bloodstream create an imbalance between good and bad bacteria, a phenomenon called Dysbiosis.
Why is Metabolism Important ?
Is Metabolism Test right for me ?
Nutrition is at the core of your health. We all are genetically and hence metabolically different. What is “right” for one set of people may not be equally right for everyone. Hence, the intake of nutrients as per general information may not give optimal outcome to you. They may need to be adjusted (enhanced as well as reduced) as per the need of your body. The nutrition test helps understand whether the nutritional level is adequate or are you devoid of certain nutrients. Accordingly, you may need to modify your food or supplements intake.
Is the report simple enough to understand? Will it include the recommendations? Do I need someone’s assistance to implement the recommendations?
The report is comprehensive but simple to understand. It will have guidelines and recommendations wherever there is an abnormal finding. However, the best way to implement the recommendations is to route through your family physician or a nutritionist.
An individual with high metabolism will burn more calories at rest and during activity and need to take in more calories to maintain their weight. A person with a low metabolism will burn fewer calories at rest and during activity and therefore has to eat less to avoid becoming overweight.
No, there is very little scientific evidence for change in metabolic rate. Metabolism is important and has a genetic component to it.
MyDiagnostics offers at home metabolic testing at Rs 6,500. However, due to a limited discount offer each test costs Rs 3,900 only
Yes, metabolism is linked to weight gain or loss. But contrary to common belief, a slow metabolism is rarely the cause of excess weight gain. Although your metabolism influences your body's basic energy needs, how much you eat and drink along with how much physical activity you get are the things that ultimately determine your weight.
- Metabolism describes all the chemical processes that go on continuously inside our bodies to keep us alive and our organs functioning normally, such as breathing, repairing cells and digesting food.
- Metabolism is responsible for breaking down the calories we consume and turning them into the energy our body needs to function. Thus, higher the metabolism, easier it is lose weight and maintain the level of weight loss
- This as at home metabolic screening tests measures the following parameters -
- Resting metabolic rate (RMR) - Number of calories burn when the body is at rest
- Maximum volume of oxygen (V02 Max) or aerobic capacity - body’s ability to use oxygen effectively during exercise
- Lactate threshold test - the point at which lactic acid builds up in the blood more quickly than it can be removed during exercise, causing muscle fatigue.
- This metabolic test helps in measuring body composition, hormone levels weight and percent body fat according to which various metabolic diets may be referred to lose weight and boost the metabolic rate.
- Individuals struggling with weight loss
- Individuals with metabolic syndromes and disorders
- Individuals with nutritional deficiencies
- Fasting for 10-12 hour prior the test is recommended
- Alcohol consumption 12 hours prior testing is discouraged
Call us at +91 9986576665 for any queries or guidance regarding the test