COVID-19 Antibody IgG & IgM - Rapid Test - 15 minutes Result
For queries on this test please call +91 9986576665
Sample Type: Blood Finger Prick (Home Based)
Prescription Required: No
Fasting Required: No
Reporting Time: 15 minutes
COVID-19 Antibody Test is ICMR approved and accurate method of detecting SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in your blood.
Test contains -
- Sars-CoV Antibody IgG
- Sars-CoV Antibody IgM
Coronavirus antibody tests look for the presence antibodies to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes the COVID-19 illness. Antibodies are produced by the body's immune system during COVID-19 and start to become detectable around 7 days after symptoms start and increase over time.
What does positive result means
A positive result means that IgG/IgM antibodies to coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) in your blood has been detected that it is highly likely that you have been infected with coronavirus in the past
What does negative result means
This means that it is very unlikely that you have been infected with the virus in the past. However, you may get a negative result if you took the test too soon i.e. before antibodies have reached detectable levels.
Antibody Levels over a period of infection
PLEASE NOTE : This is not a confirmatory RT-PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 to detect the presence of Virus
- The coronavirus rapid test diagnosis provides qualitative detection of IgG and/or IgM from human serum, whole blood, or plasma in approximately 10-15 minutes.
- If you have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, your body produces antibodies called IgG and IgM as part of the immune system response to the virus.
- The test detects the presence of antibodies, IgG, and IgM against SARS-CoV-2, the virus which causes the disease COVID-19.
- This test is approved by the ICMR Lab
- Those individuals who think they may have had COVID-19.
- Those who have been infected with the COVID-19 virus have developed specific antibodies to the COVID-19 virus which might provide protection from getting infected with the virus again.
- To check whether your immune system has responded to coronavirus infection in the past.
- No fasting is required
- There should be no change in clinical practice or use of personal protective equipment (PPE) by responders who test positive for the SARS-CoV-2 antibody or as a precautionary measure.
- No prescription is required
The accuracy levels of these coronavirus rapid tests are such that if someone tests positive, they are considered a ‘true positive’ case. Currently, as per government records, 11 districts have conducted the maximum number of rapid tests and have got accurate results. These tests have been accurate in determining the extent of community spread.
No it is not a swab test. Only your blood sample will be collected at home by a finger prick.
COVID-19 Rapid Antibody(IgM/IgG) test shows the response of your immune system with the development of antibodies, so as to fight the coronavirus that you may have been infected with in the past.
A positive result means that it is highly possible that you have been infected with the Covid-19 virus in the past.
A negative result means that it is unlikely that you have been infected with the coronavirus in the past. However, the results may not be a reliable source if you took the test too soon before the antibodies start developing in the body ( usually 2-3 weeks later)
Antibodies are proteins that are developed in our blood to develop immunity and help fight off the infection. They are disease-specific.
COVID-19 IgG antibody testing, also known as serology testing,detects the presence of antibodies called immunoglobulin G (IgG). Here the sample is drawn with a finger prick and same day results are made available.
Call us at +91 9986576665 for any queries or guidance regarding the test