Vitamin, Iron & Mineral Balance - At-home Iron, Minerals, & Vitamin Deficiency Test in Kolkata
- Vitamin D (25-OH)
- Vitamin B12
- Calcium/Phosphorous Ratio
- Iron, Serum
- Total Iron Binding Capacity (TIBC)
- % Transferrin Saturation
- Total Red Blood Cells (RBC)
- Mean Corpuscular Volume (MVC)
- Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin (MCH)
- Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin Concentration (MCHC)
- Total White Blood Cells (WBC)
About the Vitamins, Iron and Mineral Deficiency Test In Kolkata
The Vitamins & Minerals Balance test provides comprehensive insight into bloodwork from the standpoint of internal markers of essential vitamins and minerals. Through the testing of 28 chief parameters, the vitamin deficiency test provides key insights into specific areas that you can focus on through supplementation, diet, and treatment.
Additionally, if you have a deficiency for certain vitamins and minerals, they can be tracked with the comprehensive Balance test. The complete vitamin test Kolkata package ensures that relevant vitamins, minerals, blood profile, and other markers are captured to provide you in-depth information. You can also find the root cause of chronic symptoms through the vitamins, minerals, and iron function test in Kolkata.
This test is also the primary option for anyone experiencing dullness, chronic fatigue, trouble breathing, lack of sleep, and constant pain feeling. A vitamin and mineral deficiency can lead to issues with organ performance as well, as these compounds control a large number of bodily functions that are required for wellbeing and longevity. You can get an iron deficiency blood test, vitamin D, and vitamin B12 test packed into one kit offered for anyone in Kolkata.
What is Health and Nutrition -
- According to WHO - “Nutrition is the intake of food, considered in relation to the body’s dietary needs. Good nutrition – an adequate, well-balanced diet combined with regular physical activity – is a cornerstone of good health. Poor nutrition can lead to reduced immunity, increased susceptibility to disease, impaired physical and mental development, and reduced productivity.”
A lack of a good and healthy diet may lead to the following conditions -
- Minerals are specific kinds of nutrients that your body needs in order to function properly. A mineral deficiency occurs when your body doesn’t obtain or absorb the required amount of a mineral.
- There are 21 essential minerals that our body needs. An essential mineral is any mineral required by the body for health, that cannot be produced by the body and so has to be provided by your diet.
- 5 major essential minerals are
- A deficiency of either of these minerals may lead to a variety of health problems, such as weak bones, fatigue, or a decreased immune system.
- Vitamins are nutrients our body needs to function and fight off disease.
- The 13 essential vitamins our body needs are vitamins A, C, D, E, K and the B vitamins: thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyridoxine (B6), biotin (B7), folate (B9) and cobalamin (B12).
- The four fat-soluble vitamins i.e A, D, E, and K are stored in the body’s fatty tissues. The other nine vitamins are water-soluble and therefore must be replenished regularly because they are removed from the body in your urine.
- Vitamin B12 is the only water-soluble vitamin that is stored in the liver.
- The best way to get enough of the 13 essential vitamins is to eat a balanced diet from a variety of foods.
- Proteins are the building blocks of life, made up of amino acids.
- There are 20 different amino acids, 9 of which are called essential and 11 of which are labeled as non-essential.
- The human body needs all 20 of these amino acids, in varying degrees, to be healthy and fully functional.
- A protein deficiency (hypoproteinemia) means someone is not getting enough protein to meet their body’s needs. We get the protein we need from the food we eat. If our diet doesn’t contain enough protein, we may suffer from protein deficiency.
- Lipids are fat-like substances that are important parts of the membranes found within and between cells and in the myelin sheath that coats and protects the nerves.
- Lipids include oils, fatty acids, waxes, steroids (such as cholesterol and estrogen), and other related compounds.
- Fats or fatty acids (FA) are important nutrients in our diet providing energy and adding palatability to foods. However, foods with high content of saturated fatty acids (SFA) are known to cause a myriad of health problems. Foods high in unsaturated FAs, especially essential polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) have been found to contribute to good health.
- Essential fatty acids (EFAs) are very important nutritional requirements for keeping good health.Their deficiency increases the risk of getting affected by cancer, atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, behavioral problems, depression, cognitive decline, and chronic inflammation.
- Moreover, their presence in the diet is essential for the proper absorption of fat-soluble vitamins like vitamin A, D, E and K.
Common Symptoms of Nutrient DeficiencyA lack of good nutrition and healthy diets may lead to the following signs and symptoms -
- Dullness, or pale skin, hair loss
- fatigue, weakness, feeling faint or fainting
- trouble breathing
- unusual food cravings
- periods of lightheadedness
- heart palpitations
- tingling and numbness of the joints
- menstrual issues, such as missed periods or very heavy cycles
- poor concentration
Nutrient Deficiency & Immune Function
A deficiency of nutrients can alter the body’s immune response. Various studies have found that deficiencies in zinc, selenium, iron, copper, folic acid, and vitamins A, B6, C, D, and E can alter immune responses.
These nutrients help the immune system in several ways: working as an antioxidant to protect healthy cells, supporting growth and activity of immune cells, and producing antibodies. Epidemiological studies find that those who are poorly nourished are at greater risk of bacterial, viral, and other infections.
You should get a complete vitamin test Kolkata kit that can provide you with the necessary insights on what areas to focus on. You can understand the output of your dietary plan, in terms of how nutritional and mineral-rich your foods are. Through the vitamin, mineral, and iron profile test, you can pinpoint exact areas that you can improve through supplementation.
The key role of Vitamin D in our body
Vitamin D is responsible for several functions in the body, chief among them being helping the body absorb calcium and phosphorus.
This is vital for bone health, injury healing, strength, and overall vitality. It is also responsible for immune regulation, while being critical for protecting muscle and heart health.
A Vitamin D deficiency can present multiple symptom, such as -
Lack of vitality and energy.
Mood shifting and issues with mood control.
Pain in the joints or bone.
Muscle weakness issues.
Immunity and chronic sickness issues.
Vitamin B12 and its role in forming red blood cells & DNA
B vitamins such as folic acid, vitamin B6 and B12 play a vital role in different areas of our system. Vitamin B12 is an important vitamin, and is required by the body to form the red blood cells and DNA of the individual. It is linked to hair health and promotes healthy hair development.
It is also vital for healthy brain and nerve function, and preventing illnesses associated with brain or nerve degeneration. It is also vital for ensuring healthy activity, high energy levels, and overall feeling of wellness. It also supports bone health and is key for mood regulation and mental focus.
Should you fast for an iron blood test ?
Yes, a fasting period of 10-12 hours is required before the blood test.
Which vitamins or minerals can increase testosterone levels?
Vitamin D and Zinc may play a role in increasing low testosterone levels.
Does vitamin B12 test require fasting?
Fasting before the B12 blood test is not required, however do follow what the doctor suggests.
What do Vitamin D blood results showcase?
Abnormal levels of vitamin D can indicate nutrient deficiency, poor bone health and certain autoimmune diseases. Do consult a doctor with the lab results. Vitamin D levels control several functions within the body, and a deficiency can show signs in several ways.
It is best to get a blood test for Vitamin D done, as well as the most common vitamins, minerals, and CBC levels. You can get a complete checkup for your vitamin D levels within the Vitamin blood test Kolkata package offered by MyDiagnostics.
Can blood test detect vitamin deficiency?
Yes, a blood test is one of the most important ways of determining vitamin deficiencies in a person. Levels of different vitamins can be tested with a blood sample to check for normal and abnormal levels.
You may also be deficient in one or multiple vitamins, which is why a complete vitamin analysis of your blood is key. If you are experiencing vitamin deficiency symptoms and need to get a blood test done, then it is best to opt for a comprehensive vitamin, iron, and mineral home test by MyDiagnostics.
What is Vitamin B12?
Cobalamin is Vitamin B12 and is a water solution vitamin that plays a key role in metabolism. It one of the 8 types of B vitamins and is required for red blood cells and DNA formation. It also plays a chief role in a range of different functions in the body, which is why a deficiency in the vitamin shows multiple symptoms. You can get your Vitamin B12 levels checked within a comprehensive vitamin blood test Kolkata package.
How long to recover from vitamin B12 deficiency?
Based on the levels of deficiency, or any co-deficiencies such as with vitamin B9 or vitamin E, it can take a significant amount of time to recover from B12 deficiency. Some of the main symptoms may subside after a few months of medication, with major recovery taking place at between 6-12 months.
It is important to collect blood samples regularly at a clinic or via home tests that allow for checking levels every few months. Long-term changes in diet and supplementation can help bring levels back to normal for many people.
A vitamin B12 blood test should also be accompanied by a blood test for calcium and vitamin D to analyse the entire vitamin and mineral profile of the body.
What is Vitamin D?
Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin that the body can produce when there is enough access to natural sunlight. It is also consumed through a diet that is rich in Vitamin D fortified foods, meats, dairy, cheese, etc.
It is a vital vitamin that is required for several functions in the body, and needs to be regulated through long-term dietary and lifestyle modifications. That is why it is recommend to improve Vitamin D intake through exercise in sunshine.
What is caused by a deficiency of Vitamin D?
There are several health conditions that can be caused by a deficiency of Vitamin D. Some of them are -
Issues with bone density, bone minerals, and bone strength.
Problems with strength, and muscle development.
Issues with immunity regulation.
Increased risk of some diseases, such as rickets, osteoporosis, some cancers, autoimmune disease, etc.
It is best to track any symptoms early and take the right precautions to prevent escalation of deficiency in the body.
It is important to know how to manage a vitamin D deficiency and how to take the right steps to improving D levels. Getting a regular Vitamin D blood test done is the best way to track your levels over time.
How can I get the vitamin and mineral profile test in Kolkata?
You can get the vitamin and mineral profile test Kolkata package delivered directly to your address via MyDiagnostics. The test cost for all 28 parameters is INR 1499, which includes comprehensive assessments across major vitamin, mineral, iron, electrolyte, and blood markers. It is a complete test, which allows for regular tracking of blood levels, so that you can continuously monitor your blood profile. The instructions are provided within the testing kit, making this vitamin and mineral test convenient and simple to follow.
What is the vitamin D and B12 test cost in Kolkata?
The Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 test Kolkata cost is INR 1499, which includes a total of 28 parameters that provide better information on what other minerals and vitamins are being affected in our body.
Is an Iron profile test included in the package?
Yes, the 4 major iron markers are included in the package so that you can understand your iron profile through the blood test. The iron profile test cost in Kolkata is INR 1499, including a total of 28 parameters.
How do I contact MyDiagnostics for my mineral deficiency test in Kolkata?
You can instantly reach out to us at +9108047166161 for any questions about the mineral deficiency test in Kolkata. You can also talk to us about the instructions and the process of testing as well.
- A complete nutritional blood test package that includes vitamin and essential mineral profile like Vitamin D, B12, K, folate, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium and calcium, levels of iron, ferritin, iron binding capacity, Complete Blood count.
- Know the exact deficiency to boost the immune system, support growth and development, and maintain bone health.
- For those who get sick often vitamin and mineral deficiencies can be the reason for low immune system function to fight off infectious diseases
- For people looking to identify their health risks related to key nutrient deficiencies and improve longevity.
- For children, Optimal levels of vitamin and mineral prevents conditions like rickets,scurvy, and supports physical and mental health
- Avoid vigorous exercise 24 hours before the test.
- Do not consume alcohol 24-48 hours before the blood test.
- Fasting period of 10-12 hours before the test.