COVID 19 Test in Kolkata - At Home Corona RT PCR Test (ICMR Approved)
Available in Kolkata (within city limits only)
Test is run at ICMR Approved Labs such as Metropolis Lab
About the COVID-19 RT PCR Test
Test contains -
- SARS-CoV-2 RT PCR based confirmatory test through swab test (RT PCR) lab analysis which is the gold-standard for COVID 19 detection, confirming the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in a home collected sample.
RT-PCR Test for COVID-19 Meaning
COVID-19 Antibody Test meaning
- COVID 19 IgG antibody test identifies if a person was covid positive in the past, and has developed antibodies (IgG) against it. This antibody test is recommended for asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic patients exposed to coronavirus positive or suspected cases.
Positive result meaning
- A positive result means that you are currently infected with COVID 19 virus.
Ct Value meaning
- The Ct (cycle threshold) is defined as the number of cycles required for the fluorescent signal to cross the threshold (i.e. exceeds background level).
- Ct levels are inversely proportional to the amount of target nucleic acid in the sample (i.e. the lower the Ct level the greater the amount of target nucleic acid in the sample).
- Cts < 29 are strong positive reactions indicative of abundant target nucleic acid in the sample
- Cts of 30-37 are positive reactions indicative of moderate amounts of target nucleic acid.
- Cts of 38-40 are weak reactions indicative of minimal amounts of target nucleic acid which could represent an infection state or environmental contamination.
How to test corona at home?
How to check COVID 19 test report online?
The reports will be delivered to you via email. You are advised to visit your referring doctor with the report for the final interpretation.
How long can you test positive for covid 19?
Someone can get a positive COVID 19 test result as soon as two days after exposure, but one must wait for 5 days to get accurate results. It is difficult to nail down a timeline for testing because people can respond differently to the virus based on their individual immune system and the type of exposure that occurred.
Is covid test painful?
Confirmed by WHO, the COVID 19 test requires obtaining a sample of secretions along the full path of your nasal cavity, from the nostril to where your nasal cavity meets the back of the throat. To obtain these secretions, a medical professional uses a thin, flexible six-inch swab, similar to a regular cotton swab (but a lot longer). The clinician quickly inserts the swab into the nasal cavity and pushes it all the way to the back of the throat before twirling it and removing it. This nasal swab also might tickle the vagus nerve momentarily, causing a gag reflex but it is NOT PAINFUL.
- All symptomatic individuals who have undertaken international travel in the last 14 days.
- All symptomatic contacts of laboratory confirmed cases
- All symptomatic health care workers
- All patients with Severe Acute Respiratory illness (fever AND cough and/or shortness of breath)
- Asymptomatic direct and high-risk contacts of a confirmed case should be tested once between day 5 and day 14 of coming in his/her contact
You are required to submit the following three documents which are mandated by the Government of India. Without these documents, the testing for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) is not allowed.
1. Government Photo ID proof (Aadhaar card/ Voter Id/ Driving license/Passport) to validate/ record the current address.
2. contact details