14 Days CGM Diabetes Sensor - Continuous Sugar Test at Home in Ghaziabad
- Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) Sensor (Sensor works for 14 days)
- Sensor Application, Readings and Removal at Home
- Turn Around Time: 24 Hrs
About the Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM)
The Freestyle Libre Pro Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) Sensor (FDA Approved) allows your healthcare provider to place a small sensor at the back of your upper arm that records up to 14 days of continuous glucose data. The provider then downloads the data revealing personalised glycemic profile, trends and patterns that can be used to monitor or manage your diabetes.
CGM is used for Tracking Blood Glucose in Real-time
The New-Age metrics beyond fasting blood sugar and HbA1c, which is provided by CGM
- Glycemic Variability
- Risk of Hypo and Hyper Glycemic Episodes
- Glucose Management Indicator (GMI)
Metabolic Fitness is the key to your health. Various use cases for CGM
- Managing and Reversing Diabetes
Monitor blood sugar levels in real-time and bring A1c levels within control through various The New-Age metrics beyond fasting blood sugar and HbA1c, which is provided by CGM
- Personalised Nutrition & Weight Loss
Whether you are targeting weight loss or designing a personalised approach to diet, a CGM sensor helps in real-time insights that helps you in fine-tuning your food choices. Your favourite “healthy” foods may be causing blood sugar spikes and mid-day energy crashes that hold you back from peak performance
- Optimising Metabolic Health
Gives you a real-time view into how your food and lifestyle affect your blood sugar so you can personalize your diet and optimize your metabolic health (Insulin Resistance) etc
- Improving Fitness & Athletic Performance
For peak athletic performance, fueling your body is everything. CGM helps you eat the right foods at the right times to help you optimize your fitness performance, gains, recovery, and overall mental clarity
CGM vs Blood Glucose Meter (BGM)
The CGM sensor automatically and continuously tracks glucose levels, using a sensor inserted just below the skin. CGM systems measure glucose in the interstitial fluid – the fluid between your cells just under the skin. Since CGM is measuring glucose in a different part of the body, it will not be the same concentration as in the blood.
A blood glucose meter (BGM) takes a small sample of blood from your fingertip and places it on a test strip that’s inserted inside a meter. The meter provides a glucose value based on the amount of glucose in the blood sample at that moment.
CGM Sensor Working
The CGM sensor is a very thin wire or filament, inserted with the aid of a needle under the skin. This glucose sensor is applied on the back of your arm. In order to hold the sensor in place, there’s a sticky backing like a band-aid, that attaches the sensor to the skin. Using similar enzymes as a test strip for a glucose meter, the sensor’s job is to monitor glucose in the interstitial fluid, which is the fluid between the cells. Sensors can stay in place for several days (about 14 days).
Benefits of CGM Sensor
- Provides 14 days of continuous glucose readings. The sensor takes a reading every 15 minutes, so in a day it takes 96 readings (even while you are sleeping). Total 1344 readings provide a high-resolution glucose profile & trends
- This is the only device which records your glucose levels while you are asleep thus measuring the key data during hypoglycaemic episodes
- No multiple pricking ... Just install once and keep up with your daily activity while the sensor does its job
THIS IS A MEDICAL GRADE DEVICE TO BE INSTALLED AND SUPERVISED BY A REGISTERED MEDICAL PRACTITIONER ONLY.
Complete details of the sensor are available at
What are the pre-requisites of this test
- There are no-prerequisite for the test
How to book & install the sensor
- Once you book the sensor, you can come to our clinic or schedule at-home to install the sensor. The installation will be done by the qualified practitioner upon doctor review
- You can come in-between to check the readings and on the 15th day, come to the clinic to remove the sensor
- Once the sensor is removed, the report will be emailed.
- How does abbott libre freestyle work?
A Freestyle Libre CGM works through a tiny sensor inserted under your skin, usually on your belly or arm. The sensor measures your interstitial glucose level, which is the glucose found in the fluid between the cells. The sensor tests glucose every 15 minutes. A transmitter wirelessly sends the information to a monitor. The monitor may be part of an insulin pump or a separate device, which you might carry in a pocket or purse.
- What is CGM?
Continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) automatically tracks blood glucose levels, also called blood sugar, throughout the day and night. It allows you to see your glucose levels anytime and review the trends. Seeing glucose levels in real time can help you make more informed decisions throughout the day about how to balance your food, physical activity, and medicines.
- How to check sugar level at home?
You can check your sugar levels at home by pricking your fingertips and using a blood glucose meter or a continuous glucose monitor (CGMs) to measure the blood glucose level at that moment. MyDiagnostics provides this 14 day CGM Diabetes Sensor to reveal your continuous glucose levels at home.
- Is fasting required for a diabetes blood test?
Yes, fasting for 8-12 hours before the test is encouraged.
- Which hormone regulates blood glucose level and how?
Two hormones, glucagon and insulin regulate the blood glucose level in our body. Glucagon, a peptide hormone secreted by the pancreas, raises blood glucose levels. Its effect is opposite to insulin, which lowers blood glucose levels. When it reaches the liver, glucagon stimulates glycolysis, the breakdown of glycogen, and the export of glucose into the circulation.
- This is an at home blood glucose monitoring sugar testing kit that reveals your glycemic profile, trends and patterns that may be used to monitor and manage diabetes.
- This testing kit includes the following
- 1 Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) Biosensor
- Sensor Application, readings and removal
- Turn Around Time - 24 hours from senor removal time
- This Freestyle Libre CGM sensor continuously monitors your glucose levels for 14 days and takes a reading every 15 minutes. Therefore, your glucose levels are monitored 1344 times day in and day out, even while you are sleeping.
- This test ensures that there is no multiple pricking. This single prick sensor is inserted to keep up with your daily activities
- Individuals suffering from diabetes
- Fasting for 8-12 hours before inserting the CGM sensor is preferred
- Do not consume alcohol 12-14 hours before testing