Coronavirus COVID-19 RT-PCR test at Home for Hyderabad (ICMR Approved)
About the COVID-19 RT PCR Test
Test contains -
- SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR based confirmatory test - through swab test
(RT-PCR) lab analysis is the gold-standard for COVID-19 detection, confirming the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in a sample.
What does positive result means
A positive result means that you are currently infected with SARS-CoV-2 virus.
CT value for positive cases mentioned in report e.g.
What does negative result means
This means that it is very unlikely that you have been infected with the virus.
No CT value mentioned in the report for negative.
Who should do this test
- Symptomatic individuals with ILI (influenza-like illness) symptoms
- Symptomatic (ILI symptoms) or Asymptomatic individuals in contacts of laboratory-confirmed cases.
- All patients suffering from Severe Acute Respiratory Infection (SARI).
What is RT PCR test for COVID 19?
RT-PCR (Reverse Transcription - Polymerase Chain Reaction test) is a molecular-based diagnostic testing method. An RT PCR test is a laboratory test that allows reverse transcription of RNA into DNA for the detection of the COVID-19 virus. Samples are collected in the form of nasal or throat swabs at your home in Hyderabad. It detects the virus even if the viral load is less.
How is RT-Pcr test done?
RT PCR test (Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction test) is the most sensitive technique for mRNA detection. It amplifies and quantifies the presence of a particular genetic material of the virus or any pathogen. Real-Time RT-PCR uses fluorescent dyes as markers to detect the presence or absence of the virus.
Is Rt-pcr test mandatory for domestic flights?
RT-PCR negative certificate not mandatory for people who are fully vaccinated with both the doses of vaccine and are asymptomatic.
How to get tested for covid-19 near me
MyDiagnostics offers an at-home COVID 19 RT PCR Test in Hyderabad. The sample is collected through nasal or oral swabs. This COVID test is approved by ICMR.
How long does it take to get coronavirus test results
The MyDiagnostics COVID-19 RT PCR Test in Hyderabad provides results within 12-24 hours of sample collection.
How to book covid test at home?
You can book the at-home COVID RT PCR test by MyDiagnostics at their website and can get your test results within 12-24 hours of at-home sample collection.
Difference between rt pcr and antigen test
The COVID Antigen test detects the proteins/antigens in the virus and gives immediate results, within 30 minutes. An RT-PCR test detects the SARS COV genetic material (RNA) and gives results within 24 hours. However, RT PCR test is highly accurate while more confirmation is needed for Antigen tests.
How much does rt pcr test cost in Hyderabad?
The RT PCR test for COVID in Hyderabad done by MyDiagnostics cost Rs 1,200. However, after a limited discount, the covid test costs Rs 800.
- All symptomatic individuals who have undertaken international travel in the last 14 days
- All symptomatic contacts of laboratory confirmed cases .
- All symptomatic health care workers
- All patients with Severe Acute Respiratory illness (fever AND cough and/or shortness of breath) .
- Asymptomatic direct and high-risk contacts of a confirmed case should be tested once between day 5 and day 14 of coming in his/her contact
You are required to submit the following three documents which are mandated by the Government of India. Without these documents, the testing for 2019-Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) is not allowed.
- Government Photo ID proof (Aadhaar card/ Voter Id/ Driving license/Passport) to validate/ record the current address and contact details of the person