Coronavirus COVID RT PCR Test - Home Sample Collection & Report Online - Delhi NCR
We are not taking order at the moment due to slot unavailability
Available in Delhi NCR (Delhi, Noida and Ghaziabad)
Test is run at ICMR Approved Labs
Sample Type: Nasal & Throat Swab (Home Collection within Delhi NCR)
Prescription Required: Aadhaar Card Mandatory
Fasting Required: No
Reporting Time: 72 hours (reports are delayed due to backlogs)
This is an ICMR approved laboratory swab test for people in Delhi NCR i.e Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida and Faridabad, to confirm if they have the current COVID-19 infection.
Test contains -
- SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR based confirmatory test - through swab test
(RT-PCR) lab analysis is the gold-standard for COVID-19 detection, confirming the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in a sample.
What does positive result means
A positive result means that you are currently infected with SARS-CoV-2 virus.
What does negative result means
This means that it is very unlikely that you have been infected with the virus.
RT PCR Test for COVID-19 meaning
RT-PCR (Reverse Transcription - Polymerase Chain Reaction test) is a molecular-based diagnostic testing method. An RT PCR test is a laboratory test that allows reverse transcription of RNA into DNA for the detection of the COVID-19 virus. Samples are collected in the form of nasal or throat swabs. It detects the virus even if the viral load is less.
RT PCR test (Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction test) is the most sensitive technique for mRNA detection. It amplifies and quantifies the presence of a particular genetic material of the virus or any pathogen. Real-Time RT-PCR uses fluorescent dyes as markers to detect the presence or absence of the virus. The major advantage of Real-Time RT PCR testing procedure is its ability to give rapid test results.
Ct value meaning in RT PCR test
- The Ct (cycle threshold) is defined as the number of cycles required for the fluorescent signal to cross the threshold (i.e. exceeds background level).
- Ct levels are inversely proportional to the amount of target nucleic acid in the sample (i.e. the lower the Ct level the greater the amount of target nucleic acid in the sample).
- Cts < 29 are strong positive reactions indicative of abundant target nucleic acid in the sample
- Cts of 30-37 are positive reactions indicative of moderate amounts of target nucleic.
- Cts of 38-40 are weak reactions indicative of minimal amounts of target nucleic acid which could represent an infection state or environmental contamination.
- Is COVID test painful?
Confirmed by WHO, the COVID-19 test requires obtaining a sample of secretions along the full path of your nasal cavity, from the nostril to where your nasal cavity meets the back of the throat. To obtain these secretions, a medical professional uses a thin, flexible six-inch swab, similar to a regular cotton swab (but a lot longer). The clinician quickly inserts the swab into the nasal cavity and pushes it all the way to the back of the throat before twirling it and removing it. This nasal swab also might tickle the vagus nerve momentarily, causing a gag reflex but it is NOT PAINFUL.
- What is the name of covid 19 test?
There are 3 types of COVID-19 tests -
- Molecular Tests
- These tests look for the virus’s genetic material via a nasal or a throat swab and are the current standard for diagnosing COVID 19.
- Most testing sites use polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests, which are very accurate and are usually performed in large certified covid testing labs.
- Antigen testing
- These rapid coronavirus tests, which detect certain proteins on the surface or in the virus, are inexpensive, efficient, and fast. Many of these tests have been FDA authorized for emergency use, some even in the home environment (Ellume).
- They can be used to make a clinical diagnosis in symptomatic patients in the first five days of symptoms.
- However, they aren’t currently recommended for screening asymptomatic populations.
- Antibody Testing
- These tests detect antibodies that signal that the body has mounted an immune response to the virus.
- They test whether you have antibodies to the virus, but not whether those are neutralizing antibodies, which are the best indicator that someone is protected from the virus.
- Therefore, they do not indicate whether a person has a current COVID-19 infection, or when they were exposed.
- How to check COVID-19 rt pcr report online?
The covid test reports will be delivered to you via email. You are advised to visit your referring doctor with the report for the final interpretation.
- Is covid test mandatory at Delhi airport for domestic flights?
Currently, a COVID-19 test would be conducted only for symptomatic passengers. For domestic passengers, 14 days of home quarantine is mandatory. Only exemption would be granted to passengers who visit the state for a short period for purposes like business, official, trade, medical, court cases, property management.
- The COVID-19 RT PCR test is a real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (rRT PCR) test for the detection of nucleic acid from SARS CoV-2
- Sample is collected through nasal or oral swabs
- This test is available in Delhi NCR and is approved by ICMR.
- All symptomatic individuals who have undertaken international travel in the last 14 days
- All symptomatic contacts of laboratory confirmed cases.
- All symptomatic health care workers All patients with Severe Acute Respiratory illness (fever AND cough and/or shortness of breath).
- Asymptomatic direct and high-risk contacts of a confirmed case should be tested once between day 5 and day 14 of coming in his/her contact.
You are required to submit the following three documents which are mandated by the Government of India. Without these documents, the testing for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) is not allowed.
- Government Photo ID proof (Aadhaar card/ Voter Id/ Driving license/Passport) to validate/ record the current address.
- Contact details