Hair Loss Check Comprehensive - Female
For queries on this test please call +91 9986576665
- HORMONES (8)
- THYROID (5)
- MINERALS (4)
- VITAMINS (3)
- IRON MARKERS (4)
- AUTOIMMUNE & INFLAMMATION (2)
- BLOOD HEALTH (14)
- Total Testosterone
- Cortisol, AM
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
- Leuteinizing Hormone (LH)
- Total T3
- Total T4
- Free T3
- Free T4
- 25-OH Vitamin D
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid)
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamine)
- Total Iron Binding Capacity (TIBC)
- % Transferrin Saturation
- Anti Nuclear Antibodies (ANA)
- Total WBC
We have around 100,000 hair follicles on our heads and losing between 100-120 hairs per day is a normal, natural part of the hairs' growth cycle.
For some people, the amount of hair they lose is much greater than normal and that's when it gets worrying. This can severely affect a woman's emotional well-being and quality of life
There can be many different causes of hair loss including nutritional deficiency, hormone imbalance, genetics, toxins which can lead to androgenetic alopecia and autoimmune conditions such as alopecia areata.
Almost every woman eventually develops some degree of female pattern hair loss. It can start any time after the onset of puberty, but women tend to first notice it around menopause, when hair loss typically increases. The risk rises with age, and it's higher for women with a history of hair loss on either side of the family.
Our Hair Loss Check is well researched & comprehensive profile to help identify any underlying issues that could be causing hair loss.
Test Type - Blood
Test Mode - At Home
Turn Around Time- 72 hours
Fasting required - Yes
- About one-third of females experience hair loss at some point in their lifetime
- Potential causes of hair fall and hair thinning in women include genetics, nutritional deficiency, hormonal imbalances etc which can lead to androgenetic alopecia.
- Androgenetic alopecia in women generally begins with gradual thinning at the part line followed by increased hair loss. However, the hairline rarely recedes
- Women experiencing hair loss and hair thinning
- Women experiencing skin conditions like acne, dry skin, wrinkles, rosacea etc.
- Do not eat anything 10-12 hours before the test
- No alcohol consumption 24-48 hours before the blood test
In case of pregnancy, the hair loss will after some time. In cases of hair loss due to hair styling practices, refrain from doing things that cause damage and if the hair fall is due to nutritional deficiencies, you might need to take supplements.
Female pattern baldness is not reversible. However, proper treatments may help in stopping further hair fall and even regrow some of the hair lost.
Yes, female hair loss can be genetic. Many different genes are involved in this condition. One is more likely to have female pattern baldness if their parents or other close relatives have experienced hair fall.
According to a study published in 2018, a diet high in fats and cholesterol can lead to skin inflammation and hair loss in both men and women. Therefore, eating a healthy diet that provides necessary vitamins and minerals may prevent hair fall
Call us at +91 9986576665 for any queries or guidance regarding the test