For queries on this test please call +91 9986576665
Helicobacter Pylori (2)
- Helicobacter Pylori (IgG)
- Helicobacter Pylori (IgM)
Do you experience symptoms like stomach pain and bloating which are worse on an empty stomach? Do you only get temporary relief from taking an antacid? Or do you suspect a stomach ulcer and want to get an answer so that you can start treatment quickly? If so, this simple H. pylori test is right for you.
Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a type of bacteria. These germs can enter your body and live in your digestive tract. After many years, they can cause sores, called ulcers, in the lining of your stomach or the upper part of your small intestine. For some people, an infection can lead to stomach cancer.
Test Type - Blood
Test Mode - At Home
Turn Around Time: 12-24 hours
- H Pylori antibody test detects infection of the digestive tract caused by the bacteria Helicobacter pylori. This bacteria is the major cause of stomach ulcers or gastritis (inflammation in intestines)and 60% of stomach cancer cases.
- H Pylori antibody testing can help to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment of those who were exposed to the pylori infection.
- Those who experience symptoms of an ulcer, like indigestion, abdominal pain, unexplained weight loss, nausea, bloating, frequent burping.
- If left undiagnosed, H pylori are known to cause autoimmune disorders like Grave’s disease.
- Routine testing is recommended for persons with gastric symptoms and iron deficiency anemia
- No fasting is required.
- Avoid alcohol 24-48 hours before the test
How to test for Helicobacter pylori?
The specimen collected here is blood type, collection of blood from the vein, usually arm. It tests for H Pylori IgG and IgM antibodies test. Blood test results indicate if the body has H Pylori antibodies present or not.
Helicobacter pylori bacteria are responsible for which disease?
H Pylori bacterial infection is known to cause gastritis, peptic ulcers, and long term-infections increases the risk of stomach cancer.
Is there any relationship between helicobacter pylori and gastric (stomach) cancer?
H. pylori infection is the primary identified cause of gastric cancer. Other risk factors include chronic gastritis, older age, a diet high in salted or processed foods, tobacco smoking, and a family history of stomach cancer.
Do Helicobacter pylori cause peptic ulcers?
H Pylori bacteria can damage the protective coating of the stomach allowing acid to get through to the sensitive lining beneath. The acid and the bacteria together can irritate the lining causing a sore or ulcer.
Call us at +91 9986576665 for any queries or guidance regarding the test