HIV & STD Testing at Home
For queries on this test please call +91 9986576665
- HIV - I & II Elisa
- Anti Hepatitis C Virus (Anti HCV) - Total
- Hepatitis B Surface Antigen (HbSAg)
- Anti Chlamydia Antibody IgG
- Anti Chlamydia Antibody IgM
- Herpes Simplex Virus II (HSV) - IgG
- Herpes Simplex Virus II (HSV) - IgM
- Treponema Pallidium Antibody (TPAB)
- Treponema Pallidium Haemagglutination (TPHA)
Test Type - Blood
Test Mode - At Home
Turn Around Time - 48 hours
What is HIV?
HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) is a virus that attacks cells that help the body fight infection, making a person more vulnerable to other infections and diseases. If left untreated, HIV can lead to the disease AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome).
What are the common types of STIs and STDs other than HIV/AIDS?
Some of the most common STDs and STIs are:
- Genital herpes
- Genital warts or human papillomavirus (HPV). Certain high-risk types of HPV can cause cervical cancer in women
- Hepatitis B
Causes of HIV
HIV infections are caused by the human immunodeficiency virus. You can get HIV from contact with infected blood, semen, or vaginal fluids.
- Most people get the virus by having unprotected sex with someone living with HIV.
- Another common way of getting it is by sharing drug needles with someone who is infected with HIV.
- The virus can also be passed from a mother to her baby during pregnancy, birth, or breastfeeding
HIV doesn't survive well outside the body. So it can't be spread by casual contact
like kissing or sharing drinking glasses with an infected person.
Symptoms of HIV
HIV may not cause symptoms early on. People who do have symptoms may mistake them for the flu Common early symptoms include:
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches and joint pain
- Swollen glands (swollen lymph nodes)
- Skin rash
The early symptoms usually go away within 2 to 3 weeks.
After the early symptoms go away, an infected person may not have symptoms again for many years. After a certain point, symptoms reappear and then remain. These symptoms usually include:
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Extreme tiredness
- Weight loss
- Night sweats
- Can STD testing be done through urine?
A variety of testing can be prescribed such as urine or blood, physical examination, swab test as suggested by the doctor.
- Are STD testing considered preventive care?
Testing for STDs and HIV fall under preventive care.
- Does std testing include hepatitis as well?
Yes, this STD home based test also includes a test for hepatitis B and C.
- What is std testing?
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) can be tested with the help of a blood sample and urine tests,as recommended by the CDC. HIV being one of the many STDs can be tested via an at home blood test offered by MyDiagnostics. This safe, home based tests for common STDs and STIs except HIV as well, like chlamydia, genital warts, syphilis, herpes etc.
How to read HIV test results?
Results from laboratory tests are given as negative, positive or indeterminate.
Rapid blood tests show two lines if positive or one line if negative, in a similar way as a pregnancy test
- Negative or non-reactive means you are HIV negative. You do not have HIV
- Positive or reactive means the test shows you are HIV positive and you have HIV infection.
- Indeterminate means the test result was unclear and needs to be repeated.
- How soon can HIV be detected by a blood test?
There are 3 ways in which people living with HIV can get tested -
- Nucleic Acid Test (NAT) - A NAT can usually tell you if you have HIV infection 10 to 33 days after exposure
- Antigen/Antibody Test— This test can detect HIV infection 18 to 45 days after exposure. This is a type of blood test.
- Antibody Test—An antibody test can take 23 to 90 days to detect HIV infection after an exposure. Antibody tests that use blood from a vein detect HIV sooner after infection than tests done with blood from a finger prick or with oral fluid.
- HIV and STD home based blood tests can detect types of common Sexually Transmitted Diseases such as Chlamydia, genital herpes, treponema, Syphilis, HIV.
- Prevalence of STD is on the rise, in-case of symptoms or a doubt please get tested at home.
- Certain STD infections can cause long - term health problems like infertility but can be treated easily.
- Early detection of common STDs like chlamydia and herpes can help in starting the treatment early.
- Avoid consuming alcohol 24-48 hours before the blood test
- A fasting period of 10-12 hours should be followed before the test.
Call us at +91 9986576665 for any queries or guidance regarding the test