Immunity Test - Blood Test to check Immune Function
- SARS-COV 2 Spike Protein IgG Antibody
- Total Protein
- 25-OH Vitamin D
- Vitamin B12
- Iron, Serum
- Total Iron Binding Capacity (TIBC)
- % Transferrin Saturation
- Red Blood Cells
- Total Platelets
- Total White Blood Cells
About this Immunity test
Antibodies or Immunoglobulins are proteins play a key role in the body's immune system, helping to protect the body against bacteria, viruses and substances that are recognised by the body as "non-self" and harmful.
Immunoglobulin M (IgM) – IgM antibodies are produced as a first response to a new "non-self" antigen, providing short-term protection.
Immunoglobulin G (IgG) – Around 70-80% of the immunoglobulins in the blood are IgG and form the basis of long-term protection against microorganisms. Specific IgG antibodies are produced during an initial infection and the body retains a catalogue of IgG antibodies that can be rapidly reproduced whenever exposed to the same infections.
Immunoglobulin A (IgA) – IgA comprises about 15% of the total lung and stomach secretions, and breast milk.
This immunity test measures the amount of SARS-COV 2 Spike Protein IgG Antibody in the blood to evaluate your immune system status.
Albumin and Globulin are two types of protein in your body. The total protein test measures the total amount albumin and globulin in your body. These proteins play an important role in your immune system.
Optimal levels of Vitamins (A, E, K, D, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12) plays a very important role in strengthening your immune systems and cell repair.
Magnesium & Zinc keeps the immune system strong, helps heal wounds, and supports normal growth.
Iron is needed by the immune system and the body uses the free radical action of iron to attack some pathogens. Iron helps the immune system in another way by enhancing the ability of white blood cells to engulf and kill bacteria.
- Are COVID immunity tests available?
Yes we provide SARS-COV 2 Spike Protein IgG Antibody in this test
- Can a blood test detect low immunity?
Blood tests indicate if you have enough antibodies (Immunoglobulin levels) to fight off infections from viruses and bacteria. It measures your blood and immune system cells level to detect any abnormality.
- How is the immunity test done?
A health professional will take a small amount of blood from a vein(usually arm) and collect it in a vial. The professional will take hygiene measures, this process is home-based and takes up to 5-10 minutes. Reports will be received within 24-48 hours after sample collection.
- Can blood tests show immunity to measles?
The antibody testing detects levels of IgM and IgG whose results are used to detect whether a person has immunity or not from measles infection.
- An immunity blood test measures the number of Immunoglobulins or antibodies (IgA, IgG, IgM) in the blood sample to evaluate our immune system status
- The test result also indicates levels of proteins, vitamins, essential minerals and iron profile that strengthens the immune system to fight off infections because of viruses and bacteria.
- To check Immunoglobulin levels of a person prone to fall sick easily or gets infected often
- To evaluate allergies, autoimmune conditions or immunodeficiency (immune system not functioning properly).
- Fasting of 10-12 hours is required. Consult your physician before the test.
- As per Medical Advice avoid consuming alcohol before the blood test