Coronavirus COVID-19 RT-PCR test at Home
For queries on this test please call +91 9986576665
Available in Delhi NCR only currently
Sample Type: Nasal Swab (Home Collection)
Prescription Required: Aadhaar Card Mandatory
Fasting Required: No
Reporting Time: 24 hours
This is an ICMR approved laboratory swab test to confirm whether you have a current COVID-19 infection or not.
Test contains -
- SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR based confirmatory test - through swab test
(RT-PCR) lab analysis is the gold-standard for COVID-19 detection, confirming the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in a sample.
What does positive result means
A positive result means that you are currently infected with SARS-CoV-2 virus.
What does negative result means
This means that it is very unlikely that you have been infected with the virus.
Who should do this test
- Symptomatic individuals with ILI (influenza-like illness) symptoms
- Symptomatic (ILI symptoms) or Asymptomatic individuals in contacts of laboratory-confirmed cases.
- All patients suffering from Severe Acute Respiratory Infection (SARI).
- The COVID-19 RT-PCR test is a real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (rRT-PCR) test for the detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2 in upper and lower respiratory tract specimens.
- Specimens for this test are collected through nasal or oral swabs
- All symptomatic individuals who have undertaken international travel in the last 14 days
- All symptomatic contacts of laboratory confirmed cases .
- All symptomatic health care workers
- All patients with Severe Acute Respiratory illness (fever AND cough and/or shortness of breath) .
- Asymptomatic direct and high-risk contacts of a confirmed case should be tested once between day 5 and day 14 of coming in his/her contact
You are required to submit the following three documents which are mandated by the Government of India. Without these documents, the testing for 2019-Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) is not allowed.
- Referring Doctor's signed prescription
- Government Photo ID proof (Aadhaar card/ Voter Id/ Driving license/Passport) to validate/ record the current address and contact details of the suspected patient
- Duly filled Clinical Information Form https://tmc.gov.in/pdf/covid-19%20test/Sample%20Requisition%20Form%20(SRF)-%20ICMR.pdf
The real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test is the most commonly used one for Covid-19. It is primarily based on PCR, a process that repeatedly copies and amplifies the specific genetic fragments of the virus. This process ensures that there is enough of a sample to conduct the analysis, as swabs from patients yield only a tiny quantity of RNA, which is not adequate for the testing process.
The reports will be delivered to you via email. You are advised to visit your referring doctor with the report for the ﬁnal interpretation.
- The Ct (cycle threshold) is defined as the number of cycles required for the fluorescent signal to cross the threshold (ie exceeds background level).
- Ct levels are inversely proportional to the amount of target nucleic acid in the sample (ie the lower the Ct level the greater the amount of target nucleic acid in the sample).
- Cts < 29 are strong positive reactions indicative of abundant target nucleic acid in the sample
- Cts of 30-37 are positive reactions indicative of moderate amounts of target nucleic acid Cts of 38-40 are weak reactions indicative of minimal amounts of target nucleic acid which could represent an infection state or environmental contamination.
- RT-PCR kits are convenient kits enabling cDNA synthesis from RNA samples followed by Polymer Chain Reaction amplification.
- One-step” RT-PCR kits allow both cDNA synthesis and Polymer Chain Reactions to take place in a single tube, simplifying the process
- They usually include the following
- SARS-COV-2 Reaction Reagent
- RT-PCR Enzyme
- Positive Control of SARS-CoV-2
- Negative Control
- Internal Reference A
Kit is composed of a shipping box, pre-labeled return envelope, directions, specimen collection materials (nasal swab and saline tube), and specimen biohazard bag. Instructions are included in the kit on how to appropriately collect the nasal swab specimen and place it in the saline transport tube, how to properly package the specimen and how to mail the specimen back to the laboratory
Call us at +91 9986576665 for any queries or guidance regarding the test