Coronavirus COVID-19 RT-PCR test at Home for Bangalore (ICMR Approved)
Available in Bengaluru (within city limits only)
Test is run at ICMR Approved Labs such as Lal Path, Strand Life Sciences
About the COVID-19 RT PCR Test
Test contains -
- SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR based confirmatory test - through swab test
(RT-PCR) lab analysis is the gold-standard for COVID-19 detection, confirming the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in a sample.
What does positive result means
A positive result means that you are currently infected with SARS-CoV-2 virus.
CT value for positive cases mentioned in report e.g.
What does negative result means
This means that it is very unlikely that you have been infected with the virus.
No CT value mentioned in the report for negative.
Who should do this test
- Symptomatic individuals with ILI (influenza-like illness) symptoms
- Symptomatic (ILI symptoms) or Asymptomatic individuals in contacts of laboratory-confirmed cases.
- All patients suffering from Severe Acute Respiratory Infection (SARI).
- RT PCR Test for COVID-19 meaning
RT-PCR test full form is Reverse Transcription - Polymerase Chain Reaction test. It is a molecular-based diagnostic testing method. An RT-PCR test is a laboratory test that combines reverse transcription of RNA into DNA for the detection of the COVID-19 virus. An RT-PCR test procedure uses nose or throat swabs for the detection of viruses. It detects the virus even if the viral load is less.
- Real time RT PCR meaning
RT-PCR test or Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction test. It is the most sensitive technique for mRNA detection. It quantifies the presence of a particular genetic material of the virus or any pathogen. Real-Time RT-PCR is loaded with fluorescent dyes as markers. Real-Time RT-PCR helps investigators to analyse the results without delay. The major advantage of Real-Time RT-PCR testing procedure is its ability to give rapid test results (online as well as offline)
- What is COVID-19 RT-PCR test
The real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test is the most commonly used one for Covid-19. It is primarily based on PCR, a process that repeatedly copies and amplifies the specific genetic fragments of the virus. This process ensures that there is enough of a sample to conduct the analysis, as swabs from patients yield only a tiny quantity of RNA, which is not adequate for the testing process.
The reports will be delivered to you via email. You are advised to visit your referring doctor with the report for the ﬁnal interpretation.
- What is the Ct value in RT-PCR COVID-19 test?
- The Ct (cycle threshold) is defined as the number of cycles required for the fluorescent signal to cross the threshold (ie exceeds background level).
- Ct levels are inversely proportional to the amount of target nucleic acid in the sample (ie the lower the Ct level the greater the amount of target nucleic acid in the sample).
- Cts < 29 are strong positive reactions indicative of abundant target nucleic acid in the sample
- Cts of 30-37 are positive reactions indicative of moderate amounts of target nucleic acid Cts of 38-40 are weak reactions indicative of minimal amounts of target nucleic acid which could represent an infection state or environmental contamination.
- All symptomatic individuals who have undertaken international travel in the last 14 days
- All symptomatic contacts of laboratory confirmed cases .
- All symptomatic health care workers
- All patients with Severe Acute Respiratory illness (fever AND cough and/or shortness of breath) .
- Asymptomatic direct and high-risk contacts of a confirmed case should be tested once between day 5 and day 14 of coming in his/her contact
You are required to submit the following three documents which are mandated by the Government of India. Without these documents, the testing for 2019-Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) is not allowed.
- Government Photo ID proof (Aadhaar card/ Voter Id/ Driving license/Passport) to validate/ record the current address and contact details of the person