Coronavirus COVID-19 RT-PCR test at Home for Chennai (ICMR Approved)
About the COVID-19 RT PCR Test
Test contains -
- SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR based confirmatory test - through swab test
(RT-PCR) lab analysis is the gold-standard for COVID-19 detection, confirming the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in a sample.
What does positive result means
A positive result means that you are currently infected with SARS-CoV-2 virus.
CT value for positive cases mentioned in report e.g.
What does negative result means
This means that it is very unlikely that you have been infected with the virus.
No CT value mentioned in the report for negative.
Who should do this test
- Symptomatic individuals with ILI (influenza-like illness) symptoms
- Symptomatic (ILI symptoms) or Asymptomatic individuals in contacts of laboratory-confirmed cases.
- All patients suffering from Severe Acute Respiratory Infection (SARI).
What is RT-PCR COVID test?RT-PCR (Reverse Transcription - Polymerase Chain Reaction test) is a molecular-based diagnostic testing method. An RT PCR test is a laboratory test that allows reverse transcription of RNA into DNA for the detection of the COVID-19 virus. Samples are collected in the form of nasal or throat swabs at your home in Chennai. It detects the virus even if the viral load is less.
How to test Corona at home?MyDiagnostics offers an at-home COVID-19 RT PCR test that is a real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (rRT-PCR) test which detects the nucleic acid from SARS CoV-2. The sample is collected through nasal or oral swabs. This COVID test is available in Chennai and is approved by ICMR.
How to reduce crp level in covid-19?C-reactive protein (CRP) is a blood test marker for inflammation in the body. Elevated CRP levels indicate inflammation due to any injury or infection. CRP levels can be reduced by taking appropriate medicines like corticosteroids which are prescribed by the doctor. Kindly take professional medical advice before taking the drugs.
What are the symptoms of covid-19?’According to WHO, most common symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, dry cough, and tiredness. Other symptoms may affect some patients are loss of taste or smell, aches and pains, headache, sore throat, nasal congestion, red eyes, diarrhoea, or a skin rash.
What is the ct value in corona test?The Ct (cycle threshold) is defined as the number of cycles required for the fluorescent signal to cross the threshold (i.e. exceeds background level). Ct levels are inversely proportional to the amount of nucleic acid in the sample (i.e. the lower the Ct level the greater the amount of target nucleic acid in the sample).
How to check corona test report online?
The covid test reports will be delivered to you via email. You are advised to visit your referring doctor with the report for the final interpretation.
Can you test positive for covid without symptoms?Yes, in some instances people can test positive for COVID without symptoms. This is either the case of a false positive error in the report or the patient is affected with non symptomatic covid You are advised to visit your referring doctor with the report for the final interpretation.
How long does it take to get covid-19 test results?The MyDiagnostics COVID-19 RT PCR test provides results within 12-24 hours of sample collection.
- All symptomatic individuals who have undertaken international travel in the last 14 days
- All symptomatic contacts of laboratory confirmed cases .
- All symptomatic health care workers
- All patients with Severe Acute Respiratory illness (fever AND cough and/or shortness of breath) .
- Asymptomatic direct and high-risk contacts of a confirmed case should be tested once between day 5 and day 14 of coming in his/her contact
You are required to submit the following three documents which are mandated by the Government of India. Without these documents, the testing for 2019-Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) is not allowed.
- Government Photo ID proof (Aadhaar card/ Voter Id/ Driving license/Passport) to validate/ record the current address and contact details of the person