COVID-19 Antibody IgG & Total - CMIA and CLIA from Thyrocare
For queries on this test please call +91 9986576665
Sample Type: Blood (Home Collection)
Prescription Required: No
Fasting Required: No
Reporting Time: 24 hours
Thyrocare COVID-19 Antibody Test is ICMR approved and accurate method of detecting SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in your blood.
Test contains -
- COVID Antibody IgG - Using CMIA Method
- COVID Antibody Total - Using CLIA Method
Coronavirus antibody tests look for the presence antibodies to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes the COVID-19 illness. Antibodies are produced by the body's immune system during COVID-19 and start to become detectable around 7 days after symptoms start and increase over time.
What does positive result means
A positive result means that IgG antibodies to coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) in your blood has been detected that it is highly likely that you have been infected with coronavirus in the past
What does negative result means
This means that it is very unlikely that you have been infected with the virus in the past. However, you may get a negative result if you took the test too soon i.e. before antibodies have reached detectable levels.
|Total Antibody||IgG Antibody||Interpretation|
Exposed & Antibody developed
Antibody not yet developed, May or may not be exposed.
Repeat after one month
Antibody Levels over a period of infection
PLEASE NOTE : This is not a confirmatory RT-PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 to detect the presence of Virus
For Confirmatory test click here
- Antibodies are made by our immune system in response to a threat, such as a specific virus or bacteria to help fight infections.
- Antibodies develop after a few days or weeks in response to the infection, and an antibody test detects the presence of antibodies to the specific virus.
- Covid-19 antibody test looks for the presence of antibodies to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes the COVID-19 illness.
- The COVID 19 total antibody test will collect your blood sample at home to check for the presence of IgG and IgM antibodies.
- This test is approved by the ICMR Lab
- Those individuals who think they may have had COVID-19.
- Those who have been infected with the COVID-19 virus have developed specific antibodies to the COVID-19 virus which might provide protection from getting infected with the virus again.
- To check whether your immune system has responded to coronavirus infection in the past.
- No fasting is required
- There should be no change in clinical practice or use of personal protective equipment (PPE) by responders who test positive for the SARS-CoV-2 antibody or as a precautionary measure.
- No prescription is required.
Yes, the COVID-19 antibody test can be done at the convenience of your home.
Yes. Collection of blood samples for Covid Testing have produced accurate results and are considered to be an alternative to swab tests.
Yes. The antibody testing for COVID-19 shall detect the presence of antibodies in your blood. However, the results shall only convey if you had an infection in the past, and if you have the chances of being infected again.
Covid 19 testing can be done by 3 ways :
Molecular tests: Also known as Viral testing, they are conducted by nasal or throat swab or using saliva in very few cases. It is considered to be very highly accurate and detects the presence of coronavirus infection currently.
Antigen Test: Known as Rapid Diagnostic Tests, conducted only by nasal or throat swab.
The test diagnoses active coronavirus infection. Positive results are very accurate, however, negative results have to be rechecked with molecular testing.
Antibody Test: Also known as Serological Test, conducted by blood draw or finger prick. The test diagnoses if you had been infected with the coronavirus in the past.
Call us at +91 9986576665 for any queries or guidance regarding the test